pregnancy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Big Move

I have a LOT to catch you up on, so let me take a deep breath and dive in! Don't worry. My ramblings will NOT be one big post. You would either die of boredom or stop reading after hour 2 of trudging through my life this past month!


THE NEW HOUSE.

     The weekend before the 4th of July Logan and I loaded up ALL of our stuff (too much stuff, if you ask me) and headed for "the 'burbs." Yes, folks, we are officially in full blown family mode! After 3 years of marriage in THREE different apartments, we now own a home. Gulp.
      Logan was more than a little intimidated by the idea, but not Ms. Optimistic over here. Nuh-uh. I was thrilled to say "good-bye" to apartment living and "hello" to more space and a chance to have a real home! I think the real reason Logan was so nervous about taking on so much responsibility was that he wasn't in an apartment all the time with a toddler to quell all that worry about money. Yep. That MUST have been it.
      Anyway, the move was hot (of course), but we had movers. (Thank you, Logan.) With all of my morning sickness and having a toddler during the move this time around, it was miserable enough packing boxes. I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like to do the move without movers. Thankfully in only 4 hours, our stuff was out of our old  apartment and into our lovely new home. Logan and I decided to head to lunch right after the movers finished. It's exhausting watching someone else do all the grunt work! ;) 


**Also, let me interject that Emmie had had a STOMACH VIRUS the night before our move. Needless to say, none of us got much sleep before our long day of moving. You may pity me now...thank you.**


      After lunch but before making the trek back down to his parents' house to get Emmie, we/I decided to get Emmie's room all unpacked so that it would be as easy of a transition that evening as possible for her. (Thank you, Lonna and Milton, for keeping our sickly sugar pie. It was SO much easier without having to worry about her recuperating with movers, boxes, and the heat!
      Upon returning with our sweet girl, we thought she would be SO excited to see her new room. It's pink, has flowers, and is such a perfect room for our little girly-girl!! 
(Disclaimer: this is not Emmie's stuff. This is a pic from the real estate website advertising the house for sale.)
We took her up and opened the door ready for her to squeal with excitement.......THEEEEEEN.....waaaaah waaaah (picture SNL "Debbie Downer" music). She took one look inside, turned around, and headed for the bookshelves we had set up on the landing with ALL of her books. After pulling 95% of them to the floor, my little bookworm was in heaven! At least she was excited about something! :D 
      Emmie, Logan, and I continue to fall more in love with our house, our neighbors, and the area that we are in more every day. We are so blessed to be able to live in a beautiful home. I promise that I will post pictures of how we have decorated as soon as possible.


Until next post!





No comments: