pregnancy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Am I Seriously Going to be a MOM?!

Today I went for my first dr visit with my new dr in Dallas. Had the glucose test done...eh....and met the dr and filled out lots of paperwork. Other than that, it was a very normal appointment.

Then WHY do I feel so overwhelmed?!

MAYBE...
because the nurse told me they needed to know who my pediatrician was going to be the next time I came in
(did I mention I have only seen a reg family practicitioner ONCE in the last 10 years?!)
OR
because we did the pre-admittance paperwork for the hospital
(when I realized next time I'm at this desk will be when I'm about to push something the size of a WATERMELON out of something the size of a GRAPE)
OR
because I only have about 3 months before I am responsible for ANOTHER HUMAN BEING!

I have always considered myself pretty responsible, but SERIOUSLY, I'm about to become a MOM. Do you know what a BIG deal this is?! I'm going to have to keep another living thing ALIVE...I have a hard time keeping PLANTS alive. I mean, sure, there's Zeus, but Logan feeds him in the morning. I just take him out. I alone do not provide the nourishment like I will for this new baby.

Whew. Ok. I had my meltdown. I knew it'd come sooner or later. Off to go bury myself in Your Baby and Child by Penelope Leach and any other "how-to-be-a-good-parent-and-keep-your-child-alive" books!

No comments: