pregnancy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A "textbook" 34 weeks

This morning Logan and I went to the doctor for my 34 week appt. (I will be 35 weeks on Sunday! woo!) I love this practice of doctors. I have been in rotation meeting all 4 of them, and today I met the only guy with the practice. Gotta say, not usually a fan of having a man be THAT kind of doctor for me; but since I got to stay fully dressed, it wasn't bad. He was funny, easy-going, and was definitely great for Logan to have another man there! :D Emmie's heartbeat was 150 (perfect), and everything was normal!

Can I just interject that as soon as I found out I was pregnant I worried that I wouldn't have as easy of pregnancies as my mom? Her pregnancies and births were pretty uneventful. Thankfully. So, of course, I just assumed I would have just the opposite. Couldn't have two women in the same family with really easy pregnancies, right? WRONG.

I'm "textbook," people. I'm on track for average weight gain, size of uterus, size of baby...ALL pointing to November 8th for my due date that was determined around 7 months ago! I had the normal bout of morning sickness from week 6 to week 11 with only minor nausea. I've had heartburn and indigestion, but other than that, I've been completely comfortable! You can EVEN ask my husband about mood swings, and he would actually say they were minimal!

All that to say, I am so thankful that I've had such an easy and great pregnancy. If my back didn't hurt when I stayed in the same position for a long time, I wouldn't even mind at all being pregnant. HOWEVER, I am so anxious to see my baby girl that I. AM.READY. The pregnancy has been great, but I can't wait for the end result! Being an impatient person has really been hard...BUT only 5 more weeks to go! AND AND AND my mom, dad, and sister will be in town during the next doctor's visit! Mom (for sure) is gonna come with me. She's excited about hearing the heartbeat...and I'm excited to have her there AND see if I'm dilated any already. We'll see what happens...guess I could just check the textbook to see where I'll be! ;)

No comments: