pregnancy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My heart is BURSTING with joy!

    I'm about to BURST with excitement! My little brother is ENGAGED! I can barely believe it! We are so thrilled to be adding the gorgeous, funny, smart, and sweet Louisa to our crazy clan. The Lewis bunch knew pretty much from the beginning (at least I did) that this Godly girl would become part of our family someday...and we're SO thankful Drew didn't screw that up! ;)



     It's such a strange and wonderful feeling to see my brother be so in love. He has so many accomplishments to his name, but I know he will agree with me when I say that having such an amazing girl love him is his proudest! After working in Honduras and serving its people together for 10 weeks, you would think she would have gotten sick of this smart alec boy! She never ceases to amaze me! :D 


The proposal was as romantic as they come! I mean, who doesn't swoon over a boy singing to you and playing guitar!



It was obvious to everyone around them from the start that they were perfect for one another!



Louisa,
I am so blessed to have you as a sister. You are such a Godly girl, and you are so good to my wonderful brother. Thank you for loving my brother unconditionally and being such a support to him every day. I know the two of you will have so much fun together for the rest of your lives and continue to bring joy to everyone around you. I knew you were wonderful from the moment we met, and I would not be able to part with my brother so willingly to anyone less worthy.
I love you.


Drew,
I am overwhelmed with so many feelings about you growing up, getting into pharmacy school, and becoming a husband! I'm proud, nostalgic, sad, and bursting with happiness all in the same moment. You are a good man. A Godly man. One of the best men I have ever known. You deserve every happiness in your life, and I believe you picked THE PERFECT GIRL. She's amazing. I love you, my little bud.
                                                           Sigh. Aren't they beautiful?

1 comment:

Newberry said...

How exciting! It's such a blessing that your brother is marrying someone that you love and think so much of. They do make a beautiful couple.