pregnancy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Da, Tia!

***As much as I'm behind blogging, I decided this little snippet couldn't wait. It was hilarious at the time, and I want to remember this for when Emmie's older.***
2010
(A little background for you--my sweet baby girl is in love with my sister, MacKenzie, or "Tia" as Em calls her. Over Christmas break Tia and Emmie danced countless hours together and formed an incredible bond it seems. After we came back from our visit, Emmie asked for her Tia for DAYS.)
        For the first time in a LONG time, Emmie and I skyped with my mom and sister yesterday. We were both thrilled to see them both, but Em seemed to be over the moon about her Tia being right in front of her again! They both giggled and communicated as best a 14 month old and a 14 year old can. :) Tia was trying to get Emmie to dance, so she decided to show her how first. Oh my. I have laughed and laughed over my sister "skype-dancing" with my sweet Emmalyn! It was absolutely hilarious, and Emmie LOVED every minute of it. We had to end our conversation but decided to get back online later and do it again so my dad could see Em.
         During our second call, Emmie was signing and saying (her version) of "please." I hadn't understood what she wanted, so I asked her again. She looked at the screen and said, "Da, Tia!!" --translation: "Dance, Tia!!"She evidently had enjoyed Tia's "skype-dancing" even more than the rest of us! So commences my sister dancing like a goofball over skype. Again.
        Those of you that know me well know how much I adore my family. My sister is no exception. My love for her is so overwhelming. To see her loving on my daughter and cultivating such an amazing relationship early on is music to my soul. Watching her with Emmie constantly reminds me of how it was when she was so little, and I'd dance around and make up choreography to get her happy or to laugh. MacKenzie has gone from the sweetest little girl to the most amazing teenage girl I have ever met in my entire life! I know that my relationship with my daughter will have its peaks and valleys as she grows, matures, changes, and becomes more independent. However, I know for certain that Emmie will always be in awe of my sister. Because I am.
2006

2 comments:

Alli said...

So sweet! And I did a double take at that first pic because she looks so much like you.

Winters said...

Gotta love Skype! And gotta love those little sisters :-) What a sweet memory!