pregnancy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award



My friend, Alli Chamblee, gave me this award quite awhile ago...and I'm JUST now getting around to it. OOPS. I'm supposed to share 7 things you may not know about me. Hmmm....let's see....

1. Logan said that he never liked musicals growing up because it wasn't realistic that someone would just BURST into song during daily life. He believed that....until he met ME. I do that. It may be a phrase someone says or a show on TV or a billboard I see while riding down the road that triggers me to sing. It could be a church song, a TV theme song, a Disney song, a song from a musical...no matter. And I MUST sing ALL the lyrics (which is usually all of them) that I can remember...at that VERY moment. It takes every fiber of my being to suppress that urge. Only things like being disrespectful during a church service, movie, prayer, funeral, etc can stop me. My poor husband....

2. I love to dress up. No, not get all fancy shmancy (which I love to do as well), but dress up like some sort of character. As in COSTUME. Ya know those scenes on TV shows where there's a costume/themed party and everyone is supposed to dress up and no one actually does except for ONE person?? Oh yeah. That's me. I suppose this love affair with costumes stems from the fact that I was in all sorts of plays throughout school. Halloween has always been one of my absolute FAVORITE days of the year! And as luck would have it, Emmalyn was born on Halloween! So now I can be the mom that has costume parties for Emmie as she grows up! I can hear the teenaged Emmie groan now.

3. I HATE fish. Just live ones. Dead fish are yummy. Anyway...I can't stand having fish in my house. They are SO creepy. And FORGET about being calm while in the ocean. Buhhhhhh. It gives me the heebie jeebies to think about those things touching my legs or toes. EEEK! That's seriously all I can write about that.

4. E.T. freaks me out. I can't for the life of me figure out what scarred me as a little kid while watching it. Maybe it was the part where he gets all sickly and white and ICK. There will be NO E.T. watching while I'm in the house. Logan can introduce that to Emmie while I'm out shopping or something when she's older, but we will NOT own it. I don't understand what Disney was THINKING! My family thought it was funny to make me ride on the E.T. ride at Disney world, and my sister would chase me around with her little plastic E.T. figurine when she was around 5. (So...that would make me 16...yeah, so...SO?!?!?!)

5. Dancing is one of my absolute favorite activities ever! Since I have always loved Spanish and the Latin culture, I learned to Salsa dance in college. I'm addicted...and my addiction hasn't been fed in, oh, FOREVER it seems. A friend of mine got me ballroom dancing lessons in college, too. I learned to Cha-Cha, Tango, Foxtrot, etc. It was some of the most fun I've ever had. I'd love to compete in ballroom dancing competitions some day. Plus, if you've ever been Salsa dancing for five hours straight...you'll understand how great a workout it is....without seeming like it IS a workout. So, for those of you reading this....if you ever decide you want to go swing, salsa, or ballroom dancing, count me in!

6. I'm a foodie, although I don't cook as much as I'd like to. I am in LOVE with the Food Network, Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri, Giada de Laurentiis, and Rachael Ray...not to mention the show Iron Chef! I cannot wait to have a REAL kitchen when we get a house (in the distant future) so I can really cook all those dishes I drool over on TV. Logan's excited about those future days too!

7. I'm a very straight forward person when it comes to just about anything. I want to know if someone's upset/disagrees with me. I want to let you know if you have upset me, or I'm mad at you. Now, I won't be in your face about it. I just like to know where I stand with people, and I try to give them the same courtesy. I know how to be forthright with tact. :D Passive-aggressive people drive me insane, so I choose to be the opposite. Sometimes I'm not sure if Logan appreciates that or not. HA!

Did you know any of those about me?

No comments: