pregnancy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Catchin' Up on this Thanks-filled Day


This has been the best three weeks of my life!

Our little Emmie has been a dream! She eats like CAH-RAZY, sleeps consistently (not for really long periods of time yet), and is content when she's not doing either of the first two things. She's plumping up nicely! :D

We came home from the hospital on a Tuesday. She weighed 6 lb, 10 oz. At her checkup on that Friday, she weighed 7 lb, 2 oz! The doctor was impressed since I'm exclusively breastfeeding. Evidently it's almost unheard of for a breastfed baby to gain that much in such a short amount of time. THEN at her two week appt, she had gained an inch in length AND was 7 lb, 15 oz!!!!!!! HOLY MOLY! The doctor said it was probably a record of some sort in all the years of his practicing...and he was no spring chicken!

So, needless to say, Logan and I are VERY interested in her weight gain at her one month appt next Monday. One month. I can't believe my baby's almost a month old. I have enjoyed every second of my days since she was born. We've had our rough days because of sleep deprivation, but it hasn't been NEARLY as bad as I had heard...ya know, those great horror stories of raising children.

When my brother, Drew, and his girlfriend, Louisa, came into town this past week, I got out quite a few times for long periods of time...remember, people, we new moms tire easily.... We went to see "New Moon" (don't hate), AND Emmie slept. We went shopping for most of the next day, AND Emmie slept. Today, we drove an hour and a half to have Thanksgiving with Logan's family and were gone the better part of the day...AND, you guessed it, Emmie slept! I have THE most content baby! I'm so blessed!

Also on this Thanksgiving Day, I want to make sure I say that:

I love watching my baby coo when she's so awake and alert during the day, watching her peaceful face when she's sleeping, laughing at the millions of different facial expressions she makes throughout the day, the closeness I feel with her when she eats, and how good she feels in my arms. Emmie IS my heart now. It's amazing how much I love this tiny creature!

I'm so thankful for what a great baby I have, my success at breastfeeding, my class at church for bringing food, my family for being INCREDIBLE with helping me adjust to motherhood, and the sweetest husband and daddy that anyone woman or baby girl could ask for. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: